The Hotspot Gateway device comes with a built-in RADIUS server that provides User Authentication using the stored credentials from the local SQL database and instructs Access Controller to enforce the authorization for the relevant user account. based on the Access Profile attached/created for each user account.
The User Management page is a UI for the local SQL database that displays the key fields like User Account, Access Profile name, the account created date, created by (User), etc. These details can be customized by clicking on to display more detail.
The key fields of Local Users section are summarized below:
|S/N||Fields / Buttons||Description|
|01.||TO create a new User Account|
|02.||Imports the login accounts using FTP, PMS, or Manual methods|
|03.||Exports the Local User accounts lists to CSV/PDF/Print.|
|04.||Username||User Account login name|
|05.||Name||Name of the User Account holder. Manually entered or Auto capture|
|06.||Profile||Access Profile name|
|07.||Created Date||User Account created date|
|08.||Created By||User Account created by (Administrator)|
|10.||Action||Quick action for the User Account.|
Enable / Disable User Account
Clone the User Account
Delete the User Account
Local Users Tab
When HSG is used as a RADIUS to authenticate the User Account, it supports the following types of authentication methods that will be visible in the ‘User Management’ Local Users tab. As shown in Image 1 above.
- Manual User Account Creation using a local database. User accounts can be manually created by any user with administrator privilege. There is no limitation on the amount of User Account that can be created. All types of manual user accounts (Username & Password, MAC Address based, PIN code-based, Direct Access accounts, and Guest login) can be created and stored.
- Automatic User Account Creation using a local database. For users using the Captive Portal for User registration/Signup (SMS/Email/Social Media) by entering the detail such as Name, Email ID, Mobile No, etc (These fields can be customized in the Captive Portal backend setting).
Upon successful registration, the User Account will be auto-generated and will be mapped to the relevant profile.
Create Manual User Accounts
- Click on button, the ‘NEW USER‘ page appears with three User Types ( Username, MAC Address & PIN Code Authentications)
- Select the ‘User Type’ option based on the requirement
- Username Authentication is a combination of Username and password, which can be used on Captive Portal with Standard login method (Username & Password), Direct Access method (Direct Access Feature, URL Connect or Download App login).
- MAC Address Authentication option bypass’s the mac address without requesting the user for login credentials. To configure, the user can enter the MAC Address individually or can bulk import the Mac address by clicking on button for Manual Import button.
- PIN Code Authentication option is used when the venue owner wanted to use PIN Codes-based login method to authenticate for the Guest user. To configure, the user can select ‘Single Pin’ or ‘Multiple Pin’ from the dropdown option and other options like Number of pins, Pin Length, and Pin combination (Letter / Number). User can customize the Captive Portal with the PIN Code login method in the Portal backend setting.
- Attach the User account to the relevant portal. See New Access Profile
Generate Auto User Accounts
- Customize Captive Portal with SMS/Email/Social Media Login Method. See Login Method Types
- Self-register/Sign-up with details and complete the password process.
- Upon successful login, The User Account will be Auto generated and can be view in ‘User Management’ as show in Image 1 above.
The Visitor Tab displays customer’s user information captured from the Captive Portal, with Self-registration/Sign-up and Social Media user details.
Users Group Tab
User can create a userinfo group based on custom criteria, the details are fetched from the local SQL database. The created group can be used for SMS / Email marketing promotion. See Create user group link. Eg: Promotion targeting Mother’s day, Profiles of user’s account, etc.
Create User Group
- In the User Group tab, click on button. The NEW GROUP page appears with two configurable sections.
- Enter a Name and Remarks for the group.
- From the Manage Criteria section, click on button to configure new Criteria. Show in Image 5 below.
The key fields of New User Group section are summarized below:
|01.||Priority||Arrange the priority order.|
|02.||Operator||Supports ‘And’/’Or’ for criteria|
|03.||Criteria||Fields of the User Information to configure the criteria.|
|04.||Condition||Support seven condition key to filter|
|05.||Pattern||Outcome result should contain|
|06.||Action||Short to Select and delete criteria|