This scenario represents a typical Router/CPE deployed for a Single Site with a Single WAN,
- Enterprises requiring resilient WAN/Internet connection
- Service providers, to deploy SD-WAN to replace MPLS and manage remote CPEs
- Most suitable for retail outlets, logistics smart lockers or bank ATM
Understand UA Internal Architecture
- Can use any type of WAN connection (eg. fiber, PPPoE, ISP ONT/modem)
- WAN is the primary.
- Built-in wireless for Wi-Fi user.
Configure UA With RansNet mfusion cloud
- An Internet connection from ISP link ONT or Modem to UA WAN port.
- PC with ‘LAN port network setting‘ configured as
- Know your mfusion cloud login credentials to Register the Device (HSA/UA).
- UA upgraded with the latest firmware. (Optional)
- See link Console Access To RansNet Appliance
- See link Upgrade Firmware
Firmware upgrade is not required for the newly shipped UA/HSA.
In this Scenario user will be configurating:
- Step 1 – Physical Connectivity of UA
- Step 2 – Configure mfusion agent in Local HSA / UA
- Step 3 – Add and Provision UA to mfusion cloud
Step 1 – Physical Installation of UA
- Connect a UTP Cable from ISP Router / Modem to UA/HSA WAN port
- The UA/HSA WAN port is configured as DHCP client by default
- Install the Wi-Fi and 5G antennas
- Connect the PC to any LAN port of HSA/UA.
- The LAN port of the HSA/UA is configured to issue DHCP IP address to clients and also configured as a bridge with remaining LAN ports.
- The LAN port settings of the PC need to be configured to Auto obtain IP.
- The PC gets an IP from 192.168.8.0 network with /24 subnet with internet access.
Step 2 – Configure mfusion agent in Local HSA / UA
- Connect the laptop to HSA / UA using a console cable to access the device console terminal. See link Console Access To RansNet Appliance
- Login to console terminal with ‘Support‘ credential.
- Configure the below command in the ‘config mode‘ to enable the mfusion agent to communicate with mfusion cloud management.
mbox-hsa(config)#ip host portal.ransnet.com <IP Address> mbox-hsa(config)#do write memory mbox-hsa(config)# do show mfusion agent <----------- To view the mfusion working status------ [info] mfusion agent is running mbox-hsa(config)#
Step 3 – Add and Provision UA to mfusion cloud
- Browse to RansNet mfusion cloud ( https://portal.ransnet.com/ ) / RansNet on-premises mfusion to access the Management Portal.
- Login with the mfusion credential.
- Add the UA as an SD-WAN device. See link Add New Gateway
- Click on the MAC address under the Remote column to configure the relevant UA